Protein is an important part of our diet and has many health benefits. It is an important building block for the human body and aids in the repair and growth of tissues, especially muscles, skin and hair. Protein also plays an important role in regulating enzymes and hormones in the body.
Here are some reasons why proteins are important:
- Growth and Repair : Proteins are important for the growth and repair of tissues in the body. They help in the production of hormones, enzymes and other important substances.
- Muscle Function: Proteins are important for muscle function and strength. They help repair muscle damage and build muscle mass.
- Satiety : Proteins are very filling and can help keep you feeling full for longer. They can also help control appetite and reduce the risk of overeating.
- Metabolic Function : Proteins play an important role in many metabolic functions in the body, including the regulation of blood sugar and the transport of oxygen and nutrients around the body.
- Immune Function : Proteins are important for the immune system and help fight infection and disease.
It is important to have enough protein in the diet to support the above functions. The recommended daily amount of protein varies according to age, gender and activity level.
You can get protein from a variety of sources, such as meat, fish, legumes, nuts and seeds, eggs, and dairy products. It is important to have a balanced diet with different sources of protein to get all the important nutrients.
We love to incorporate nuts/nut products into our diet to increase protein. There are many types of nuts, each with their own unique flavors and nutritional profiles. Some of the most popular high-protein nuts include almonds, cashews, pistachios, and walnuts. These nuts are also rich in other important nutrients like vitamin E, magnesium and zinc. They can be easily integrated into everyday life - as a snack in between or in muesli, salad, etc.
In our online shop you will find many other nut products that will help you to meet your protein needs in everyday life.