Almonds are considered to be particularly healthy nuts. They contain many vitamins and minerals and are therefore ideal for a balanced diet. But why are almonds so healthy? And what makes them so special?
What vitamins and minerals do almonds contain?
Almonds are very healthy. They are rich in magnesium, calcium, copper and zinc. In addition, the fruit is rich in vitamins E and B. It is also a good source of fiber as well as healthy fats.
The main ingredients in almonds are:
- Vitamin E: It contributes to the maintenance of normal vision.
- Vitamin B6 : It supports the normal functioning of the immune system.
- Potassium : It is important for muscle function.
- Magnesium : Important for muscle and heart function, nerves, bone formation, blood sugar control and blood pressure regulation.
What are the average nutritional values per 100g?
- Calories: 576 kcal
- Fat: 49.9 g
- Saturated Fatty Acids: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 30.9 g
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 12.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.7 g
- of which sugar: 4.4 g
- Fiber: 12.2 g
- Protein: 21.2 g
How many almonds a day?
There are countless benefits to eating almonds every day. To reap the full benefits of almonds, it is recommended that adults consume at least one serving per day (around 23 pieces). So that you can achieve this goal, we have put together some ideas at the end of the blog on how you can integrate almonds into your nutrition plan.
What types of almonds are there?
There are many different types of almonds. The most popular type of almond is the sweet almond, which is used in marzipan and almond milk. Other types of almonds are the bitter almond, which is used to make amaretto liqueur, and the peach almond, which has a slightly sweeter flavor than the sweet almond. There are also apricot almonds, cherry almonds and pistachio almonds.
How to incorporate almonds into your diet
Almonds can be easily incorporated into any diet plan. We have put together a few ideas for you here:
- Take a small can with a handful of almonds to work as a healthy snack between meals.
- Add some almonds to your breakfast muesli.
- Add some slivered almonds to your salad.
- Use almond butter as a topping for your breakfast (muesli, pancakes, waffles, bread).
- Add some almond butter to the nature yoghurt to enjoy your delicious nut yoghurt. For those who like it a little sweeter: just add some rice syrup.
- Use almond flour for sweet pastries.
Almonds are a healthy snack that contains many important vitamins and minerals. They help you lose weight, are good for your skin and hair and lower cholesterol levels. Almonds are also very versatile and can be eaten raw, fried, in desserts or muesli.
If you now feel like eating almonds, visit our online shop and browse through our delicious almond products.